The basic elements of a Crystal Ball Massage are massage strokes, the use of warmed oil and crystal balls and the stimulation of acupressure points and meridians.
Stroking, kneading, pressing and stretching the muscles on the whole body relaxes tight and painfully tense muscles.
The massage is done in a continuous flow; the hands always stay in contact with the recipient, so a constant energy flow is maintained.
High quality massage plant oil, enriched with essential oils, is used, warmed in a special container heated by a candle. The crystals are laid in the oil and warmed. Then they are glided and rolled on the body, guided by the hand or just the fingers.
Other crystals are used in a cold state. The warm and cold crystals are used in an alternating way, like the warm and cold water treatments pioneered by Sebastian Kneipp. The massage is like a flowing dance between warm hands in close contact with the person being massaged, the crystals flow in an out, as diving in and out of a flowing stream or river.
Some of the crystals and their main properties engaged in the massage are:
- Jade or Nephrite is used for detoxification and elimination of body toxins, fortifies ìkidney chiî, the central life energy, stimulate liver, gall bladder and kidneys.
- Rose Quartz, the warm-heartedness crystal, is used for creating a sense of well-being and enhancing emotional sensitivity.
- Citrine brings sunshine into the heart and soul and has a harmonizing effect on the nervous system.
- Rock Crystal brings about a sense of clarity, helps to see things for what they really are.
- Smoky Quartz is used as an anti-stress crystal.
- Mookaite fortifies the centre, balances between inner peace, stability, positive dynamism and activity.
- Amethyst is the crystal of inner peace; it helps to deal with conflicts.
- Dumortierite, the ìtake it easyî stone, helps relieving stress and nervousness
Jade or Nephrite is usually the main therapy crystal, only when the recipient is pregnant it is replaced by rose quartz. The additional crystals used in the treatment are chosen by intuition; usually 3-5 different crystals are used in one massage. Kidney, bladder, liver and gall bladder meridians are stimulated to improve detoxification and engage the flow of chi. Acupressure points in the face are stimulated to relieve migraines and stress.
This is only a rough description of the main elements, but of course the whole is so much more than the sum of its parts! Crystal Ball Massage detoxifies, relaxes, energizes. It is very successful in alleviating and eliminating the effects of stress and tension, physical and mental. A lot of migraine and tinnitus patients had very positive results. And overall – to receive a Crystal Ball Massage is a very special experience. It allows taking a break from the everyday worries and deeply relaxing. Just dive into a world of crystals, warm oil and warm hands.